Curved and Diagonal Lines

The transition from the severe diet of horizontal and vertical lines to the more robust world of curves and diagonals is like adding sugar and salt.  For many, it is a relief from the restrictive atmosphere of becalmed horizontals and rigid verticals.  


We all require a little fat in our diet, and the voluptuous quality of the curves combined with the powerful movement of the diagonals kindles a burst of energy in the designs.








As you can see, there is a hunger for shape. 

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I didn't know I was hungry - but I sure was fed!! I really like the bottom one, and the third from the bottom is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, Your favorite illustration is so playful and the bottom one is quixotic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment